This statement applies to content published on the https://visitconwy.myshopify.com/ domain. This website is managed by Conwy County Borough Council under the Visit Conwy brand. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below. We are working on these parts of the site and are committed to producing an accessible site for all users.
Content that is not accessible
- Images. Images on pages do not always have suitable alternative text. Some images are missing alternative text and some have incomplete text. This fails WCAG 1.1.1A success criterion (Non-text Content). We plan to identify and fix these by December 2020.
- Forms. Some of our online forms are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- Third party content such as descriptions from suppliers. We do try and monitor the content that third parties provide for our website such as images, descriptions and documents. However sometimes due to resources this may not be possible. Some documents that third parties have provided have not been developed or paid for by ourselves, and therefore might not reach the accessibility standards required.
This website complies with The public Sector Bodies (websites and Mobile Applications)(No.2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Details of the information excluded under regulation 4(2) and regulation 7(4) are shown below.
Most of the content on our site has been reviewed and rewritten so that it conforms to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). However, we have examined a number of pages where the reading ease of the content is poor. We've assessed the cost of fixing these documents and we believe that the cost of this work would be a disproportionate burden as outlined in the accessibility regulations. However, we will ensure that any new pages added meets the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
How to request content in an accessible format
If you need information in a different format contact us and tell us:
- the web address (URL) of the content
- your name and email address
- the format you need - for example, BSL or large print, accessible PDF
You can contact us by emailing email@example.com or by calling 01492 575950.
Please be aware that some links may open in a new window. We make every effort to ensure that we only link to reputable websites. However, no liability is accepted for the content and information contained on linked websites, or reliance upon information contained on them.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We welcome feedback on the accessibility of this website. If you find something that you are unable to access, or we have failed to identify a barrier, please let us know.
If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please use one of the contact methods below:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 01492 575950
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Conwy County Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22nd October 2020. It was last reviewed on 2nd November 2020.
This website was last tested on 22nd October 2020. The test was carried out by our own team who tested a sample of webpages to check accessibility standards.